Impact-driven blockchain startups face significant challenges when it comes to expanding their initiatives. Their heavy reliance on funding from the Web3 community presents a major obstacle, making scaling – and in some cases, even survival – a daunting endeavor. During the week of Devconnect in Istanbul, Türkiye, we are determined to tackle this issue head-on.
That’s why we are thrilled to announce that we will be hosting a one-day conference “The Responsible Revolution day: Blockchain for International Development”on November 14, 2023, at the prestigious Atatürk Cultural Center. The AKM in Istanbul is a renowned cultural and arts venue. It has played a pivotal role in promoting Turkish culture and heritage through its diverse programs and stands as a symbol of the country’s commitment to fostering creativity and innovation.
How can we scale startups for impact?
How can we apply for an International Development grant?
How can we influence regulatory decisions?
How do we prevent tensions from arising in the communities we support?
The Blockchain 4 International Development conference, organized with the support of Polygon Labs, is dedicated to unlocking the potential of blockchain technology to create a meaningful impact in the field of International Development. We aim to bridge the worlds of Web3 and International Development by creating a space for industry leaders, academics, NGO representatives, developers, founders, and blockchain enthusiasts to come together and engage in discussions about the elephant in the room: ‘How can we scale startups for impact?‘ In addition, the conference is all about demonstrating how blockchain technology can be applied in the field of International Development and for Social Impact.
Let’s Scale Responsibly, Together!
The conference provides a working space to support startups as they overcome the key barriers that hinder their growth. The Responsible Revolution Day focuses on pragmatically supporting impact-driven startups, emphasizing the technological benefits they bring to society.
The conference will bring together a diverse array of attendees, including local startups, NGOs, industry leaders, academics, founders, developers, students, and many more.
What makes “the Responsible Revolution Day” unique?
We prioritize impact-driven startups and offer tracks dedicated to:
- Fundraising: how does a startup access funding within and beyond the Web3 ecosystem?
- Impact Measurement: how can startups methodologically prove their impact with funders and other ecosystem players?
- Developer hurdles: how can startups overcome common developer hurdles that prevent them from scaling?
- Ethical considerations: ensuring startups do not create negative externalities..
A pragmatic approach:
The conference has a unique pragmatic approach, focusing on assisting startups in their initiatives through workshops and bringing them into direct contact with specialists from various fields.
The morning is dedicated to a Blockchain 101 workshop designed for local NGO representatives. This workshop highlights the potential of decentralized tools to not only enhance existing initiatives but also to pave the way for innovative approaches in reaching those in need. During the rest of the day, topics include, but are not limited to, fundraising, MEAL (Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability, and Learning), and developer hurdles
Our experts, among others, include:
- Kevin Owocki, Co-Founder of Gitcoin
- Sanna Bedi, Innovation Specialist at UNICEF Venture Fund
- Arun Maharajan, Blockchain Lead at UNICEF
- Joan de Ramon Brunet, Head of Growth at Ethichub
- Ayşegül Şensoy, Co-founder at SOS Chain
- Raquel Suárez, Senior MEAL Advisor. (Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning) at Impact Plus, +18 years of experience
- Anne-Grace Kleczewski: Co-Founder and Chief Legal Office at Keom Protocol
- Eugènie Lund-Simon, grant writing specialist, has ten years of experience supporting the design and implementation of USAID programs
- Dr. Eduard Peris Deprez, PhD Kings College, has 15 years of implementation experience in international development
- Scott Moore, co-founder of Gitcoin, is an expert on the use of blockchain technology to support public goods
- Hudson Jameson, VP Governance and Community at Polygon Labs
- Janina Pietrowska, Chairwoman at Bastion Cooperative and DAO
- Boris Polania, NEAR DevHub Devrel Lead
- Luuk Weber, DAO coordinator Celo Europe
Dr. Mustafa Takaoğlu Senior Researcher at TÜBİTAK (The Scientific and Technological Research Council of Türkiye)
1. What is Devconnect?
Devconnect is a weeklong initiative that is all about blockchain technology, and to be more specific, supporting and growing the Ethereum ecosystem. The initiative aims to bring together Ethereum’s most important builders, researchers, and community by organizing a full week of ecosystem events. Find more info at devconnect.org.
2. What is The Responsible Revolution?
The Responsible Revolution” represents an open initiative, emphasizing the cultivation of ethical standards and highlighting the tangible social impact contributions within the blockchain domain. At its heart, the movement seeks to promote the application of blockchain technology in tackling urgent global issues. We want blockchain to efficiently serve society to its full potential, pushing the boundaries of the human challenges that still lie ahead. We are determined to provide support to you and all initiatives that work for the common good and human needs, whether they are social, animal welfare, or environmental. We are here because the responsibility lies in how, and we are one.
If you are interested in exploring speaking opportunities at our event or considering sponsorship options, please feel free to reach out at firstname.lastname@example.org
Where: AKM Multipurpose Hall, Atatürk Cultural Center in Istanbul, Türkiye
Stay tuned for more details!